Monday, January 5, 2009

priorities

I am excited that it's the start of a new year. However, I have been forced to take a look at my long to-do list and rearrange a few things. Recently I have developed a problem with my right eye. It's very painful and I am seeing an opthamologist soon because the optometrist could not figure out what was wrong with it. All of my projects have been on hold but once all my health issues are cleared up, I'm going to move forward with full force.

In the meantime, I've been working on my environment and getting the house in order. I'm trying to create a better work space so I can do my illustrating without my children getting their grubby little mits on my artwork. ;-) Once all the clutter is gone, I know I will have peace of mind. I am extremely sensitive to disorganization (must be that Virgo cusp!) so I seek perfection in my surroundings. I've been using feng shui for a couple of years now and it definitely works. It's all about setting clear intentions, not so much getting everything in the "right corner". I'd like to work on a "dream board" to help me focus on my largest priorities for 2009. It's going to be a very productive and happy year, but the doctor appointments must be tended to first.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I felt the same way - gotta get organized! I cleaned up my studio and now after a few days of work, it's a lil messy. But 15 minutes will do the trick. Now, where did I put those 15 minutes? ;)

Sorry to hear about the health problems. I hope all clears up soon, so you can get back to that book!

~Magick~
Melissa